Keep these natural remedies on hand, so the moment you start to feel like you’re coming down with something you can nip it in the bud. Learn all about each of these holistic treatments and how they can enhance your family’s wellness. Click the photo below to go to my instagram post where I share free ways that you can naturally improve your health and prevent illness. Disclaimer: This is not medical advice. Consult your health care professional and your own personal needs before starting any new holistic supplements.
This post may contain affiliate links which might provide a small compensation to me if a purchase is made through them at no added cost to you.
Natural Remedies for Immune Support
This is the adaptogenic blend I have. Adaptogenic herbs are great natural remedies for any time you are under a lot of stress. Here is a resource that shares how some of these herbs are helpful. I got my husband reishi and lions mane mushroom powders to mix in with his coffee, but they also offer these in capsule form. These would be great gift ideas for the health enthusiast in your life.
Natural Remedies for Cough
These organic cough drops contain Manuka honey which has many benefits including soothing sore throat and improving allergies. They also contain lemon which is a great source of vitamin C that has been shown to boost the immune system. We also have zarbees cough syrup on hand for emergencies, but we tend to ride out any symptoms when possible before taking medicine unless necessary. This is the adult version for cough. I love that this brand only uses natural ingredients.
Natural Remedies for Cold/Flu
We keep these elderberry tablets on hand to boost immunity and prevent the cold and flu. If possible, make your own or buy locally. This is the syrup we have for our toddler. Here is some information on the benefits of elderberry.
Echinacea is a powerful herb that has many benefits. Some of these include immune boosting, pain alleviating, and anti inflammatory. It is easier for your body to absorb nutrients in liquid form. The last cold remedy that we like to keep on hand is this homeopathic drop.
Natural Remedies for Allergies/Sinus
This nasal spray helps clear out your sinuses using saline and grapefruit seed extract. Grapefruit seed extract is an antimicrobial that assists in killing harmful bacteria. We also have this nasal spray that works well too. Using a nasal spray increases the moisture in your nostrils helping to thin the mucus and decrease inflammation which leads to the fluids leaving your nose.
I kept waking up with dry eyes, so I got these for some relief. We keep these on hand with our natural remedies for allergy relief for children and adults. The children’s version includes natural, powerful anti inflammatory agents such as quercetin and stinging nettle leaf as well as bromelain and L-cysteine (an immune boosting antioxidant). The adult version is organic and contains lots of amazing homeopathic natural remedies in it as well.
We finally took the plunge and got this ceramic neti pot. It can be used as a preventative or to drain painful, stuffy sinuses. Just make sure that you properly sanitize it. Click here to learn more about the uses and benefits of nasal irrigation. You can also try lymphatic drainage massage and dry brushing. I have and use this dry brush daily.
Here is a brand of bentonite clay that I have heard great things about and plan to try in the future. Dr. Axe shares the benefits and multiple uses of this natural remedy. I do not recommend this if you are pregnant or breastfeeding since it detoxes the body. All detoxes should be avoided during these periods since if you detox heavy metals and other impurities they can go through your breastmilk or placenta to your baby.
Natural Remedies for Pain
This is one of my favorite natural remedies. We have used arnica pellets for teething pain, headaches, and even broken bones. We use Ollios brand for homeopathy since they are dairy free. Dairy is very inflammatory and contributes to illness. This arnica gel is amazing for aches and pains. If you don’t want to have to touch it they even have arnica rollers.
The last of the natural remedies for pain that we have yet to try is belladonna. We believe in the body’s natural ability to fight off infection, so we avoid doing anything to stop or lower a fever. We do lots of skin to skin with our toddler, luke warm baths, lots of water and breastmilk for hydration, and room temperature washcloths for comfort or to try to lower extremely high fevers. Usually they wane naturally within a day, but if it got too high we are happy to have this on hand.
This hydrosol and nasal spray work as natural antibiotics. They have been known to treat pink eye and alleviate ear and sinus infections amongst other benefits. You can take it orally or topically. One great thing about colloidal silver is that unlike antibiotics, it doesn’t kill your bodies good bacteria. Read this to learn more about the benefits and safety of these natural remedies.
Mullein garlic oil can act as a natural antibiotic. When you get an ear infection or any other illness it’s important that you try to find the root cause. Dr. Axe shares some other natural remedies for ear infections.
D-Mannose has been shown to treat urinary tract infections through research. When you get a uti it’s super important to drink lots of water or cranberry juice. Cranberries can inhibit the growth of bacteria that cause infection and be used as a preventative. Another thing to make sure you do is use the restroom when you need to (don’t hold it). Here are some other natural remedies for UTI.
- You can diffuse this Plant therapy immune boom or sniffle stopper. You can also create your own roller balls, or purchase these pre-made kid safe ones. If you make your own, I would suggest that you use a different carrier oil than coconut oil, because it hardens under certain temperatures.
Vitamin A has so many health benefits. It promotes eye, skin, and bone health. Oregano oil has has natural antibacterial and anti fungal properties that rival antibiotics. Research has shown its ability to treat infections. The last of the natural remedies we have that I will share for now is vitamin e oil. It is great for your skin and can prevent scarring amongst other benefits.
- Sauna therapy has many benefits.
- Here are some of the benefits of red light therapy.
- This article discusses coffee enemas and how to do them.
- TRS is supposed to be a safe heavy metal detox that you can even take while nursing and give to children. Read this to find out other safe detoxes.
- Activated charcoal has many uses.
Here is a great list of 31 easy ways to detoxify every day. Read this to find out 8 foods to help you detox naturally.
Immune Boosting Foods
- Raw garlic
- Raw Manuka honey can prevent tooth decay, treat wounds, promote skin health, improve allergies, and more.
- Probiotics and prebiotics
- Fermented foods
- Apple cider vinegar
- Herbal teas
- Vegetable soup
- BRAT diet for stomach bugs
- Anti-inflammatory foods
- Coconut oil has many benefits for your heart, brain, skin, joints, and more.
- Kiwi can help with the common cold.
- Himalayan pink salt
Food to Avoid
- Mucus Producing foods
Medicine Cabinet Natural Remedies Wishlist
- Leefy and CBD for pain
- Oscillococcinum for flu symptoms
- Immune mushrooms
- D Hist for allergy and sinus issues
- DIM for hormonal balance
- Tissue Salts for oral health and remineralization of teeth/curing tooth decay
- Kelp powder for iodine, vitamin K (strong bones), and to use as a natural anti-inflammatory
- Marine Phytoplankton has many beneficial uses
- Ozonated Olive Oil for oral health
- Marshmallow extract has many uses. I would like to have it on hand to specifically treat sore throats.
- Full Life X Strength for pain relief
- Camu Camu powder for menstrual cycle regulation, immune and adrenal support, and more!
- Source Naturals Wellness Formula for bioavailable vitamins and immune support
Other Natural Remedies
- Hydrotherapy can be great for pain relief and building immunity
- Increase antioxidants
- Epsom salt baths are a great source of magnesium, relaxation, pain relief, and a safe way to detox. Here is a great article that talks about the benefits, uses, and precautions of Epsom salts.
- Chiropractic care
- Oil pulling (not with amalgams)
Let me know in the comments what other natural remedies you love! Check out my post on holistic supplements we love to find out what vitamins we take and why they are important. Subscribe so you don’t miss new posts and exclusive content in the future. Please share with anyone who you think would find this useful. Remember some of the best natural remedies are meditation, fresh air, grounding, clean water, rest, and sunshine.